Cancer Centre found guilty in Smokey’s death
Bittersweet win for wife
The Brian Lara Cancer Treatment Centre (BLCTC) and its owner Medcorp Limited have been found negligent in the death of businessman Ricardo “Smokey” McKenzie.
Delivering a 35-page judgement in the Port-of-Spain High Court yesterday afternoon, Justice Mira Dean-Armorer ruled that McKenzie’s death was caused by a radiation overdose during his treatment at the centre in 2009.
She noted that while McKenzie’s doctors suggested that he had five years to live when he was first diagnosed, he only survived for 18 months because of the centre’s negligent treatment.
McKenzie’s wife Lisa and two daughters Ornella... Continue reading