Trinidad Office


Tobago office





Author: site_admin

Martin George & Company > Articles posted by site_admin (Page 130)


The Labour Market Inspectorate division of the Ministry of Labour and Small and Micro-Enterprise Development ensures that both employers and employees are aware of the rights of workers, and that these rights are respected. Workers' rights are protected by law in Trinidad and Tobago. Some of these rights include minimum wage, rate of pay, hours of work, overtime work, meal break, rest period, vacation leave, sick leave, and maternity benefits. Clarification on the rights of workers according to the terms and conditions of work and the relevant legislation can be sought at the Ministry of Labour and Small...

Continue reading


Trinidad and Tobago nationals travelling abroad sometimes experience financial difficulties due to unforeseen circumstances. Such situations can usually be resolved easily and quickly by transferring money from Trinidad and Tobago through commercial money transfer agencies. Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Missions can provide information on local money transfer agencies. If these channels are not available, the Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission can contact your relatives or friends in Trinidad and Tobago to ask them to send you funds either directly or through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is unable, under any circumstances, to give...

Continue reading


If a family member or friend goes missing in a foreign country or if you are concerned about the welfare of a family member who is overseas, Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Missions can help. What should I do? You should first make a thorough check to determine if you can locate the missing person. You should then contact the police in the country in which the missing person resides and file a missing persons report. If you are unsuccessful in locating the missing person, contact the nearest Trinidad and Tobago Mission. Follow the link below for a list of Overseas Missions. Trinidad and Tobago...

Continue reading


Authentication is when a document is endorsed with the Apostille Stamp, thereby legalizing it for use in another member country under the terms laid out in the Hague Convention October 1961. What is the Apostille Stamp? An Apostille Stamp is used for international verification of the signature on your document/s. Documents legalized abroad, to be used in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago cannot be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The document should bear the Apostille stamp of the country from which it emanated and will be recognized by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. An Apostille consists of the...

Continue reading


Trinidad and Tobago nationals travelling or residing abroad should register at the nearest Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission. Registration is particularly important in countries with a risk of natural disaster, political unrest or criminal violence. It allows consular staff to be located and assist Trinidad and Tobago nationals in cases of emergency. How do I register? To register, you must visit the nearest Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission. You will be required to show proof of identity and citizenship, provide a photograph and complete a form with your contact information. Follow the link at the bottom of...

Continue reading


TAX CONCESSIONS GRANTED TO RETURNING NATIONALS Returning to reside permanently in Trinidad & Tobago? Well, there is good news for you!! In 1994, Government in an attempt to encourage nationals to return home took a decision to grant tax concessions on a motor vehicle and household effects imported by such persons. The following is a summary of benefits to which a returning national is entitled. MOTOR VEHICLES(UNDER THE MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC ACT CHAPTER 48:50 A "MOTOR CYCLE" IS CONSIDERED A MOTOR VEHICLE) Requirements In accordance with Section 45A of the Customs Act (Chap. 78:01) to qualify for any relief of taxes,...

Continue reading


Guidelines For Entry Into Trinidad & Tobago Immigration Requirements Students from the following countries DO NOT require a visa to enter Trinidad and Tobago: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. All CARICOM Member States Except Haiti The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China All British Commonwealth Countries except Australia, Cameroon, The Republic of Fiji, India, Mozambique, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and Uganda. Nationals from all other countries require visas. Applications for visas can be made at any Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission...

Continue reading


Adopting a Child Adoption is the permanent legal transfer of parental rights and responsibilities for a child from the natural birth parents to another adult known as the adopter. Adults over the age of 25 who meet specific criteria may be eligible to adopt a child. The Adoption Board of the Ministry of the People and Social Development follows a stringent evaluation process to ensure that children are placed with adoptive parents who meet the Board's criteria. Prospective adoptive parents are investigated and evaluated before they are approved as suitable candidates for adoption to ensure that children will be...

Continue reading


The Registration of Titles to Land (Amendment) Bill, 2012 was introduced in the Senate on 6 March, 2012 by Senator the Honourable Emmanuel George, Minister of Public Utilities. PURPOSE OF THE BILL The Registration of Titles to Land (Amendment) Bill, 2012 will seek to amend the Registration of Titles to Land Act No.16 of 2000. The Bill is comprised of 21 clauses. What is Land Registration? Land registration generally describes systems by which matters concerning ownership, possession or other rights in land can be recorded (usually with a government agency or department) to provide evidence of title, facilitate transactions and to prevent unlawful disposal....

Continue reading


Animals entering the territorial waters of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago must be declared at customs. All animals, irrespective of their vaccination history, are required to remain on board their vessels, and are forbidden from leaving their vessel and coming onto land. If veterinary attention is needed, local veterinarians will assist by attending to the animal on board their vessel. Their fees are reasonable. Under no circumstance is an animal to be taken ashore to a Veterinary Clinic. This is against the law. Animals entering by Boat and leaving by Plane The animal will need a recent health certificate. Local Veterinarians...

Continue reading
error: Content is protected !!