Attorney MARTIN GEORGE calls for the resignations/revocations from persons who are no longer members of the THA
Attorney MARTIN GEORGE calls for the resignations from Office or the revocations of the appointments of the persons who are no longer Members of the Tobago House of Assembly but whom, by virtue of s.36 of the THA Act are legally entitled to continue in Office. Mr. George argues that notwithstanding the strict Legal position, that from a moral, ethical and common-sense position, these persons should no longer continue to hold those Secretary and Assistant Secretary positions or portfolios and they should do the honourable thing and resign, otherwise Mr. George has indicated that his next step would be to call upon the Chief Secretary Ancil Dennis to advise the President under s.36 of the THA Act to revoke their appointments.
These persons are -: ‘
1. Jomo Pitt Secretary of Sport.
2. Hayden Spencer – Secretary of Food Production, Forestry & Fisheries.
3. Kelvin Charles – Secretary of Innovation Education & Energy.
4. Kwesi Des Vignes – Secretary of Infrastructure, Quarries & the Environment.
5. Marsha Osmond – Assistant Secretary in the Division of Education.
6. Shomari Hectoe – Assistant Secretary in the Division of Tourism Transportation & Culture.
7. Sheldon Cunningham – Assistant Secretary of Infrastructure, Quarries & the Environment.
8. Nadine Stewart-Phillips – Assistant Secretary of Health, Wellness & Family Development.