TOBAGO BUSINESS CHAMBER welcomes and encourages all Trinidadians to come to Tobago for vacation and the TOBAGO BUSINESS CHAMBER calls upon the Government to -:
1. Urgently increase the number of flights to and from Tobago as an essential service.
2. Facilitate ease of booking and purchasing of tickets on the inter- island ferry as too many people still have to line up for hours in the hot sun just to buy a ticket.
3. Speed up the actual disbursement of the Tobago Tourism Relief Grants to Hotels, Guesthouses and Bed & Breakfast establishments in Tobago; even if it means sticking to the Government’s original formula and ignoring the objections of the Tobago Hotel Association, ( which has only caused delay). We at the TOBAGO BUSINESS CHAMBER believe half a loaf is better than none at all.
4. Hasten and facilitate the actual distribution of Salary Relief Grants and Rental Assistance Grants to members of the public in Tobago.
5. Expand the ambit of the Salary Relief Grants to Tobago workers who have gotten reduced salaries and don’t limit it only to those who’ve lost their total salary. Those Tobago workers on reduced salaries need relief also.